When you think of a monitor, you generally think of a computer monitor. Studio monitors, although related are not visual monitors for your computer. Studio monitors are loud speakers. They are used for a variety of projects. For instance for recording within a studio, film making, television, and radio. They are specifically used for production purposes and need to provide accurate sound.
When looking for the best studio monitors, you need to keep some things in mind. Here are some of the most important features to look for.
- Active or Passive?: The industry has grown with passive monitors. Although one is not considered better than the other, you should know what the difference is. Passive monitors require you to match the speakers with an amplifier. Some people have an extremely accurate amplifier that they trust. And therefore they prefer a passive monitor. Active monitors have the amplifier built in. So it provides the benefit of less gear.
- Materials: Although materials can be important to sound, it is recommended that you do not focus strictly on materials. Because by so doing, you may make poor judgement of the overall monitor. In terms of application benefits.
- Cabinet: There are both ported and closed cabinets. If you need to put your monitor up against a wall or in a corner, it is recommended that you choose a front-ported or closed design monitor. Because it helps it to make the best possible sound.
- Size: Check to make sure the studio monitor for your project will be one that fits your room. If you are recording in a small room, it doesn’t make sense to use the largest possible sized monitor. Your recording will actually be more accurate with a smaller monitor.
- Sound: Remember that studio monitors are not meant to sound good. They are meant to be accurate in sound. So the best product should be able to pick up all possible sound around it. Both good and bad sounds.
Being aware of the most important features of a studio monitor is important. Because it helps you to choose the best studio monitor. So choose one that has most of the important features we mentioned above. We did search the market. And with extensive research, we found the best products. Here are the top studio monitors we found below;
KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 Generation 3 Powered Studio Monitor: KRK Rokit 5 is one of the best studio monitors if not the very best actually in the market presently.
Because it provides amazing and very accurate sound. With its very essential tone control, it is easy to create a high performance recording with it. It is highly recommended for superb quality and excellent performance.
The Yamaha HS5 high performance system is sure to deliver accuracy in sound quality. Making it one of the best studio monitors you can find today.
JBL LSR308 Studio Monitor: JBL LSR 308 is an active studio monitor that is considered as one of the best studio monitors today. Because of it’s 8-inch woofer and excellent frequency response. This monitor is accurate, even at low volume levels. And it creates an overall excellent studio experience.
When choosing the best studio monitors, it’s all about high performance and accuracy in sound delivery. Just don’t be in a rush to pick any one you find around you. Check for quality and high performance. And also find out what is working for others like you. Seek their opinion. Read user reviews. And decide what will be best for you. The products we described above are actually the best in the market today. And that gives you a good start to find out more. And compare the options available.
What do you think? Did we miss anything? Do you have suggestions for us? Or wish to say anything related to what have been discussed? We sure want to hear from you. Hit the comment button below. And we will get back to you soon.